12 September 2011

August 2011 Mentionables

August came and went with a flurry. Work is in full-gear, my classes have resumed again, and I am getting into the groove.

Despite August being insanely busy, I did manage to discover a few things that I think are worth sharing. And here they are....

First, Goody Spin Pins. These things are great! I picked them up at Target for around $6.


You simply twirl them into your hair to create a bun.


They sure did come in handy some days this past month when I didn't have the energy to do anything with my hair.

Next up, my answer to sorting laundry.


I ordered this separated container from Land of Nod. While it's original purpose was for sorting toys, it works great as a separated hamper. There are several colors to choose from, they are very sturdy, and reasonably priced at $24.95!

Third, healthy mayonnaise. In a diet-conscious mood one day, I picked up a Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil at Wal-Mart.


It contains about half the fat and calories of regular mayo, with no sacrifice on flavor. I honestly couldn't tell a difference on my sandwhich.

And last, a book (of course).


A look at one of the most celebrated and scrutinized marriages in presidential history. Unlike other books of its genre, author Hazel Rowley fails to "take sides", with the reader being drawn to and sympathetic to both spouses. It's a vivid portrayal of the companionship and compassion betwixt these two very powerful figures-- a compelling glimpse of a marriage that was indeed unconventional and ahead of its time.

In closing, the weather has cooled down considerably here and I am thouroughly enjoying it these days. Looking forward to hot cocoa, pumpkin pie, and cozy sweaters. In that vein, I leave you with a quote....

"Autumn is the second spring, when every leaf is a flower"- Albert Camus

No comments:

Post a Comment