07 June 2011
Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
A good and easy spaghetti recipe should be part of everyone's repertoire. Luckily, I picked up this yummy and easy spaghetti with meat sauce recipe from one of my best friends several years ago. It's the ultimate comfort food and I try to always have the ingredients on hand.
1 white onion, diced
2 tablespoons diced garlic
1 lb. ground meat
2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
2 (8oz) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pkg. spaghetti
Shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cover bottom of pot with olive oil.
2. Brown onion and garlic on medium-high heat until onion is tender.
3. Add meat and brown.
4. Add the two cans of paste. Then, fill each empty paste can with water and add.
5. Add two cans of sauce.
6. Add salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and sugar.
7. Let meat sauce simmer on low while you cook pasta in separate pot according to package directions.
8. Once pasta is cooked, drain.
9. Add a few dabs of butter to pasta and mix until butter dissolves.
10. Combine meat sauce and pasta and top with shredded parmesan cheese.