07 June 2013

May 2013 Mentionables

May has passed and we are now into the extreme heat that is a Louisiana June!



But before moving on to the balmy summer days, let's re-cap May.

I have for you three things worth a mention for May- some things you might be interested in checking out.

First up,  some adorable (and incredibly comfortable) wedges from Payless.


The Portia High Wedge Sling  comes in four different colors. I bought the black but plan to go back for some of the other colors. And perhaps the best part? They're only $17.99!

I'm loving this thing for travel!  If you're interested in ordering one (they also come in other patterns), check out my best friends Stella and Dot page here
 And last, because I'm a perpetual nerd, I signed up for a completely online and free computer science class with Udacity


If you've never heard of Udacity, it's one of several new MOOC's (massive, open, online classes). The courses are taught by high profile professors at elite colleges and universities, they are often self-paced and they are completely free! They have a multitude of classes to choose from- from statistics to art history.

Well that covers my May mentionables.

I'm looking forward to some traveling over the summer and some really fun craft projects.
And with that, I leave you with a sweet little poem....
"Oh, the summer night 
Has a smile of light,
And she sits on a sapphire throne"
- Barry Cornwall, English poet (1787-1874)
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment