12 February 2012

Valentine's Day Framed Button Heart

I don't know what it is, but I adore Valentine's Day.

Maybe it's the girly-girl in me or the fact that it's so close to my birthday?

Whatever the reason, I always decorate for Valentine's Day.

This year, my cousin and I made these adorable framed button hearts.



Here's what you'll need to make your own:

A frame

Scrapbook Paper

Scissors

Pencil

Buttons (you can pick up bags of buttons at any craft or fabric store)

Hot glue gun


These are super easy to make:

1. Remove the glass from the frame and use the paper insert (you know the fake picture of the happy family in a meadow) to trace out the size of your scrapbook paper.

2. Cut your scrapbook paper to size.

3. Using your pencil, free hand a heart in the center of the scrapbook paper. It's ok if it's not perfect!

4. Begin placing buttons inside the heart. I found it easier to work from the inside outward.

5. Once you've filled in your heart using buttons, begin gluing each button one at a time. For this part, I found it easier to work outward in-- gluing the buttons on the outer edge of the heart first.

6. Once you've glued the last button, let it sit for a few minutes.

7. Place the scrapbook paper inside the frame (without the glass) and secure the backing of the frame.

8. Display and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment