I don't know what it is, but I adore Valentine's Day.
Maybe it's the girly-girl in me or the fact that it's so close to my birthday?
Whatever the reason, I always decorate for Valentine's Day.
This year, my cousin and I made these adorable framed button hearts.
Here's what you'll need to make your own:
Buttons (you can pick up bags of buttons at any craft or fabric store)
Hot glue gun
These are super easy to make:
1. Remove the glass from the frame and use the paper insert (you know the fake picture of the happy family in a meadow) to trace out the size of your scrapbook paper.
2. Cut your scrapbook paper to size.
3. Using your pencil, free hand a heart in the center of the scrapbook paper. It's ok if it's not perfect!
4. Begin placing buttons inside the heart. I found it easier to work from the inside outward.
5. Once you've filled in your heart using buttons, begin gluing each button one at a time. For this part, I found it easier to work outward in-- gluing the buttons on the outer edge of the heart first.
6. Once you've glued the last button, let it sit for a few minutes.
7. Place the scrapbook paper inside the frame (without the glass) and secure the backing of the frame.
8. Display and enjoy!