12 February 2012

January 2012 Mentionables (And a wee bit of an apology)

It's been a while....


Between starting a new job, a bathroom remodel, and my birthday...time just got away from me.

I promise to get back on the bandwagon soon and get those furniture painting series posts done as promised.

In the meantime, let's discuss January mentionables!

First up, this super cool recipe organizing binder from Galison.com




With templates for writing in your favorite recipes and tabbed pockets to put all those recipes you tear out of magazines in, it's very versatile (and did I mention really cute as well?).


Next, and I don't know how I just discovered this stuff, is Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Spray from Bath & Body Works.


If you like sweet, bakery, gourmand scents, you'll love this stuff.

And last, a book, of course.


"Spousonomics: Using Economics to Master Love, Marriage, and Dirty Dishes" by Paula Szuchman & Jenny Anderson applies basic economic principles (think supply & demand, elasticity, and the law of diminishing returns) to the relationship struggles we all face whether married or not (think arguments over housework and sex). But don't worry, it's not preachy or boring but witty and completely fun to read!

I'm now off to write thank you notes for all the wonderful birthday presents I received this week. And with that in mind, I leave you with a quote

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"- Abraham Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment