20 July 2011

Initial Wreath


I've seen several of these initial wreaths on various blogs and figured it was about time I tried one myself. (Don't mind the ugly door. I'll be replacing it soon)

I kept it pretty cheap, getting all of the materials at Hobby Lobby. The grapevine wreath was $5, the artificial mums came in a bunch for $6, the initial was about $2, the white tempura paint was $2 for a huge bottle, and the sponge brush I used to paint the initial came in a pack of 6 for about $3.


I used wire cutters to snip off a few of the yellow mums from the bunch and threaded those through the wreath and I hot-glued the initial on. I liked the mums because I figured they could take me all the way through the fall.


I still feel like something is missing though. Maybe a bow? More flowers? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment