23 December 2013

October and November 2013 Mentionables

October and November came and went
 
And I posted no mentionables....
 
Life's been busy.
 
So today I'm back with a double dose of Monthly Mentionables!
 
 
 
 
I was so lucky to get to stay at this amazing and historic hotel for a work conference in October.
 
Here's a picture of me and two of my colleagues following one of our two conference presentations

 
 The Peabody is hands down the nicest and neatest hotel I have ever stayed in.

The famous Peabody Ducks are the hotel's signature attraction.



Every morning and every evening a red carpet is rolled out and the ducks promenade in and out of the hotel lobby fountain, as throngs of guests watch and take pictures.

It's marketing genious.

If you're in the area and can afford the stay, I highly recommend the Peabody. And not just for the ducks- the hotel itself is grand and luxiourious.


Next, Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt Cups



These individual frozen greek yogurt servings are the perfect solution for a sweet tooth. You can choose from Strawberry, Blueberry, Vanilla Bean and Chocolate.


Stolen Red Card numbers aside, I still LOVE me some Tarjay. And I recently discovered another reson to love it- Market Pantry (Target brand) Pumpkin Waffles!

These were perfect for the beginning of fall

 

And next, if you're in the Baton Rouge area you have to check out the My Baton Rouge Mommy blog


Local blogger Maggie Howes posts daily deals (both local and internet-based) on everything from dining, vacations, sporting goods, toys...you name it! Honestly, even if you're not in the Baton Rouge area, I'd check it out (she often posts great Amazon deals as well).


Next up, Major Menus.


A coworker recently made me aware of this awesome service. It's an online restaurant ordering service. Customers can place takeout and delivery orders from local restaurants in their area. My office participates in their "Restaurant of the Day" program, where each day we are offered deals from a local restaurant and the food is delivered here to our office.

Check out their website to see if Major Menus is in your city. You must have at least 100 employees at your office/building in order to participate in the Restaurant of the Day program.

And last, my newest obsession.


Seriously, it's not just for little old ladies anymore!!! They have some awesome stuff (Dooney & Bourke, Philosophy, Isaac Mizrahi...and on and on...). If you're not in to watching the channel, check out their website at QVC.com. I've ordered several things over the past few months and have been very pleased with the products and the service.


And that rounds out my latest mentionables.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I've still got lots of gift wrapping to do (why am I always down to the wire every year!?).

And with that, I leave you with a quote




 
 
 
 


1 comment: