16 July 2013

June 2013 Mentionables

Yes, it's already mid-way through July...

But better late than never, right?
 

 
In June we celebrated my sweet mom's birthday
 
 

 
And I really enjoyed making this German Chocolate Torte for my co-worker's birthday
 
 
Yes, it's leaning slightly. Don't judge- cakes and car rides don't mix
 
But to the point.....
 
On to June mentionables!
 
First up, Pantene Pro-V Silky Moisture Whip
 
 
Put this stuff in your towel dried hair prior to heat styling and the result is silky smooth, totally manageable hair. Trust me, I'm a girl who lives in EXTREMELY humid south Louisiana.
 
Next up, the snowball
 
 
 
It's a summer time staple in the deep South. And we in the South take our snowballs seriously, with all kinds of gourmet flavors and toppings like condensed milk.
 
My personal favorite (for those of you who live in Baton Rouge) is the Luke (cotton candy/nectarine, topped with condensed milk)- found at the snowball stand on Jones Creek in front of the Hi Neighbor (the name of the stand escapes me right now).
 
And last, the new Premium McWrap from McDonald's
 
 
My new favorite semi-healthy fast food option.
I especially like the Grilled Sweet Chili Chicken option.
 
And that wraps it up (no pun intended) for June.
 
It's now the dog days of summer here in south Louisiana and I'm trying to soak up the last few weeks of that summertime feeling
 
And with that, I leave you with a quote.....
 
via tumblr
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment