19 March 2013

February 2013 Mentionables

February was an unbelievably eventful and fun month for me.
 
I turned 30. Thirty years old, people!
 
You can read all about my 1920's themed birthday party here.
 
 
 
And I spent a week and a half in Ireland (full post of pictures coming very soon!).
 
I'm one lucky girl, I tell ya ;)
 
But never fear, even among all the excitement and travel I still managed to make a few mental notes for a proper February Mentionables post (although I am a bit late actually getting it posted!)
 
and without further ado....
 
Here are my February 2013 Mentionables- The Ireland edition
 
First up, Mr. Kipling's Fondest Fancies
 

 
I picked up a box of these at a grocery store in Dublin. Oh.My.God. They are divine. Luckily, you can find Mr. Kipling's products on Amazon.
 
Next up, Lyon's Tea
 
 
I love tea and if there were an "official" tea of Ireland, Lyon's would most certainly be it. It was served everywhere we went. I brought home a box and plan to order more from Amazon.
 
And last, Maltesers
 
 
 
If you've ever been anywhere in Europe, you've probably seen or had them. Yes, they will remind you of Whoppers...but oh, they are so much better than Whoppers. And yes, they are available on Amazon as well :)
 
So there you have it, a few of my favorite culinary delights from the Emerald Isle.
 
It's already mid-way through March and I am way behind with posting. I promise to get back to a more regular schedule soon.
 
In the meantime, I leave you with an Irish blessing
 
Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers-
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours-
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment