12 July 2012

June 2012 Mentionables


It's been hot. That's about all I can say for the month of June in south Louisiana.

Nevertheless, I have cooled off enough to tell you about my June mentionables.

First, these Quaker Real Medley's Oatmeal Cups are the perfect on-the-go breakfast.


I stock them in my desk at work. Just add water and microwave.


Next, (and I promise there's no relation) Emily's Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries



Oh how I love these. They're hard to find though. I picked mine up at Best Buy (of all places!).


And last, but most certainly not least, is Scarlet Threads


"Scarlet Threads is a compassionate boutique, specializing in unique products designed and produced by talented seamstresses and artisans in both rural Asia and Uganda." All Scarlet Threads products are fairly traded.

While they do sell several products, they are best known for their aprons. I've bought several aprons from them over the years, for myself and as gifts for others. They are of excellent quality and make very memorable and meaningful gifts.

Each apron has a unique name. My personal favorite is Daphne.


And I recently gave Song as a birthday gift to a dear friend


Aren't they beautiful!? Be sure to check out Scarlet Threads the next time you're in the market for a one-of-a-kind gift (for yourself or for someone else).

Summer's almost over so I'm trying to soak up every last bit of it. And on that note, I leave you with a quote..

"Summer is like the ultimate one-night stand... hot as hell, totally thrilling, and gone before you know it." -Author Unknown



1 comment:

  1. that song apron sure does seem like a really great gift... :)

    ReplyDelete